Information you give us
You may provide us with information about yourself when corresponding with us or when using our websites. Examples include:
• when you enquire about goods or services from us over the phone, email or in person;
• when you enter a promotion or competition conducted by us (including via our websites or through social media sites);
• when you contact us to request information about our company (including about our brands, our products or employment opportunities).
The information you give us may include, amongst other things, your name, age, address, email address and phone number, financial and payment card information.
Our use of your information
Generally, information which you give to us is used to provide you with a product or service which you have requested from us.
We will not use your information to market to you unless we have your implied or express consent. For example, if you have enquired about our products or entered a promotion in relation to our products, we may imply your consent to receive marketing materials about those products, or other products or brands which we think you may be interested in. If you receive electronic communications from us, we will always provide you with an opportunity to unsubscribe from receiving further information from us.
We may also use the information we collect from you when you use our websites (such as the areas of a website accessed by you and your IP address) to:
• administer our websites and to try and keep our websites safe and secure;
• help us gain a better understanding of your likes and dislikes so to improve our websites and the services we offer;
• allow you to participate in interactive features of our websites; and
Our disclosure of your information
We will not disclose your personal information to third parties except:
• with your consent;
• where we are required or authorised by law to do so, for example to law enforcement agencies;
• where third parties appointed by us require access to personal information held by us to perform services (in which case we require these contractors to keep that personal information confidential and not to use or disclose it for any purpose other than the purpose of performing those services); or
• to our related companies, in accordance with the law.
Our websites may sometimes contain links to other websites. With the exception of other sites owned by us, we do not control the privacy practices of sites reached through links from our websites. If you have any questions about the privacy practices of those websites then you should contact the relevant companies directly.
Access to your information
You have the right to access and modify the personal information we hold about you. You can access and change your personal information by contacting us. We encourage you to contact us in order to keep your personal information up to date.
We take appropriate measures to keep your personal information secure. We have implemented appropriate physical and electronic procedures to protect the personal information we collect.
Due to its nature, transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will protect your personal data in accordance with this policy, we cannot guarantee the security of any data transmitted to our websites and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security measures to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Information posted by you online
If you post information on Negociants or related social media, it will generally be accessible to others. We do not recommend you post personal information on public areas. Such personal information is not covered by this policy.
If you have any questions or concerns about our collection, use or disclosure of personal information, or you wish to make a complaint in relation to our privacy practices, please contact us on 0800 634 624 or email@example.com